Discount Power Connecticut Fixed Rate Contract Summary
Electric Generation Supplier
|Generation Rate||$0.0959 per kWh|
|Rate Plan||Fixed Rate|
|Service Location||Since your enrollment is still unsubmitted at this time, full service address information has not yet been verified. The contract summary you will receive with your welcome packet will contain full service address information.|
|Contract Term & Expiration||The length of your contract is nine (9) billing cycles. Your utility company will determine the date your service will begin through Discount Power. Your service start date will likely be at the end of your current or next billing cycle, depending on the timing of your enrollment and where you are in your current billing cycle. Your contract expires after nine (9) billing cycles.|
|Contract Renewal||Your contract automatically renews into a fixed rate after the contract term. Discount Power, Inc. will notify you between 30 to 60 days prior to the renewal date.|
|Other Fees||There is a $50 early termination fee should your contract with Discount Power end prior to the conclusion of nine (9) billing cycles. In order to avoid this fee, you must maintain Discount Power as your supplier for nine (9) billing cycles, beginning with the date set by your utility company.|
|Right to Cancel||You can cancel this contract at any time without penalty within the 3 day rescission period. You do not need to contact Discount Power, Inc. to cancel. You can contact Connecticut Light and Power to return to Standard Service or enroll with another supplier to cancel service.|
|Emissions & Generation Mix||Refer to the Disclosure Label located HERE.|
|Supplier Contact Information||
Supplier’s Name - Discount Power, Inc.
PURA Docket No. 08-09-14
Website - www.discountpower.com
Discount Power’s toll-free number - 877-259-7693
|Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) Contact Information||
You can contact the PURA with questions about licensed suppliers and Generation Rates or to file a complaint.
PURA’s Consumer Services Unit - 800-382-4586
PURA’s website - www.ct.gov/pura
You may contact DPI to obtain a Spanish version of this document.
Discount Power Terms and Conditions of Electric Service
Your enrollment documentation includes a Welcome Letter, an Environmental Disclosure Statement, a Contract Summary and these Terms and Conditions. Along with a Third Party Verification (“TPV”) recording telephone enrollments, this documentation creates the entire Agreement for electric generation service between you (also referred to as “you” “your” and “customer”) and Discount Power, Inc. (“DPI”). This Agreement is intended for residential and small business customers.
Subject to DPI’s acceptance of this Agreement and the successful enrollment by your Electric Distribution Company (“EDC”), you agree to become a customer of DPI for the purpose of supplying your electric generation service. You hereby consent to your EDC providing DPI access to your utility information which includes, but is not limited to, your account number, payment history, load profile and usage. DPI will not share or sell your personal information to any unaffiliated party without your consent unless we are required to do so by law or it is necessary to enforce this Agreement. You agree to purchase electric generation service from DPI for the Account Number(s) and Service Address(es) identified by you during the telephone enrollment TPV or the Web Enrollment, which serves as an Electronic Signature. Enrollment documentation will be provided by U.S Mail or electronic mail.
Right of Rescission - You have the right to cancel this Agreement until midnight of the third business day after receipt of your enrollment documentation listed above without penalty by contacting DPI at (877)259-7693 or CustomerService@discountpowerinc.com.
DPI is licensed by the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (“PURA”) to offer and supply electric generation services in Connecticut; our PURA license was issued in Docket No. 08-09-14. We set the generation prices and charges that you pay. PURA regulates distribution prices and services. You will receive a single bill from the Electric Distribution Company that will contain the EDC’s charges and DPI’s charges.
Terms of Service
Rates, Billing, and Payment -
You will pay the price indicated on your Contract Summary
throughout the Term of the Agreement as identified on your Contract Summary. At the end of the Term, the
price will renew to a new fixed rate and term as explained in this document.
All prices exclude applicable state and local Sales Taxes. If you are claiming exemption from any tax, you must provide an exemption certificate or acceptable alternate proof of exemption.
You will receive a single bill from your EDC that includes DPI’s Generation Charges as well as the EDC’s delivery charges. The bill will contain, among other charges, the EDC’s delivery charge, any other charges collected by the EDC and DPI’s Generation Charge for the amount of electricity you used during the billing cycle. The amount of electricity used by you will be measured or estimated by the EDC. Your payment will be due to the EDC by the date specified in the EDC bill. If you fail to pay it on time, you could be subject to interest and late charges imposed by the EDC, and your service could be disconnected.
To obtain DPI’s historical variable rates over the past twelve months, please contact DPI at 1-877-259-7693 or visit HERE. Please note that historical pricing is not indicative of future pricing.
- Length of Agreement - Once the Utility accepts your enrollment with DPI, you will purchase your electric generation service from DPI for the term specified in your Contract Summary (“Term”).
- Penalties, Fees and Exceptions - After the right of rescission period ends, a $50 cancellation fee will apply if your service with Discount Power ends prior to the end of the Term or Renewal Term stated in the Contract Summary.
- Price Variability - This is a fixed rate product for the Term; there will be no variability of price during the Term. Please see your Contract Summary for details. Prior to the end of the Term, you will be notified of your options going forward as described below, and any changes to price variability that could result.
- Cancellation Provisions - For all Agreements, either party can cancel by contacting the other. Timing of your cancellation is subject to EDC tariff provisions, including the timing of your meter read. You can call, write, or contact DPI electronically to cancel this Agreement (contact information below). Some common reasons for cancellation are: Non-Payment: If your electric service is terminated by your EDC, then this Agreement is cancelled on the date your electric service is terminated. You will still owe us for amounts unpaid for our charges for electric generation service up to the date of cancellation. Company-Initiated Cancellation: If we cancel this Agreement for any reason other than for customer non-payment, we will provide written notice to you at least 30 days prior to the cancellation. Customer-Initiated Cancellation: If you elect to cancel a Fixed Rate Plan under this Agreement prior to the end of the Term, you will pay a cancellation fee as set forth above. If you elect to cancel after the Term expires, there is no cancellation fee. Customer Move: It shall not be considered a cancellation or early termination of this agreement if you change service addresses within the state and remain with DPI. Following cancellation of service under this Agreement you may contact your EDC (contact information below) to arrange for service from a different service provider.
- Product Composition - If the product you contracted for contains renewable content above the minimum required by CT regulations, the amount will be identified in the Contract Summary. Renewable energy facilities generating renewable energy credits (“REC’s”) will vary, and in addition to the Connecticut Renewable Portfolio Standard minimums, may include a combination of regional or national sources such as wind, renewable biomass, solar and small scale hydro. Further details regarding sources of renewable energy may be included in the Welcome Letter and/or in the Environmental Disclosure Statement.
- Renewal Provision/Agreement Expiration/Change in Terms - Under Connecticut law, you may elect to receive written notification of your agreement’s renewal, its expiration or a change in its terms by US mail, email, text message, cell phone application or third party notification service. To change your method of notification, please contact us at CustomerService@discountpowerinc.com or (877)259-7693. If you have a Fixed Rate Plan approaching expiration, renewal, or material change in the terms of service, you will receive written notifications 30 to 60 days prior to said expiration, renewal, or change in terms. These notifications will explain your options going forward. For Fixed Rate plans, following the end of the Term you may automatically renew on a new fixed rate plan, with rate and term provided in the notice. You will be subject to an early cancellation fee on your new fixed rate plan unless you notify DPI of your intent to cancel within 7 days after you receive the first billing statement on the new fixed rate plan. Each renewal period after your initial term will be deemed a “Renewal Term”.
- Dispute Procedures - Contact us with any questions concerning our terms of service. You may contact PURA if you are not satisfied after discussing your concerns with us.
- Contact Information - If you need to contact DPI, you can write to us at: Discount Power, Inc., 6 Armstrong Road, Shelton, CT 06484; you can call us weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET at 877-259-7693; you can email us at CustomerService@discountpowerinc.com; or you can visit us on the web at www.discountpowerinc.com. If you have an electric outage, service interruption or other emergency, or billing question, you can contact your EDC: Eversource: 1-800-286-2000; United Illuminating: 1-800-722-5584. To contact Connecticut PURA: Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority, Ten Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051, Toll free: 1-800-382-4586, TDD: 860-827-2837, www.ct.gov/pura.
- Limitation of Liability - LIABILITIES NOT EXCUSED BY REASON OF FORCE MAJEURE OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT ACTUAL DAMAGES. DPI WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR INDIRECT DAMAGES. DPI IS NOT LIABLE FOR INTERRUPTIONS TO, OR SHORTAGES OF, ELECTRICITY SUPPLY, NOR ANY ASSOCIATED LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING THEREFROM. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO THE CAUSE OF ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGE. THERE ARE NO THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- Representations and Warranties - THE ELECTRICITY PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL MEET THE STANDARDS OF THE APPLICABLE EDC AND WILL BE SUPPLIED FROM A VARIETY OF ELECTRIC GENERATION SOURCES INCLUDING THE ELECTRICITY PROVIDED PURSUANT TO ANY RENEWABLE ENERGY PRODUCT REQUIREMENT. DPI MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. DPI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Assignment - DPI may assign this Agreement to another Connecticut licensed electricity supplier in its sole discretion. DPI will provide 45 days prior notice before assignment. After assignment, DPI will have no further obligations under this Agreement. This Agreement is binding upon you and DPI, and will further bind each of your successors and permitted assigns.
- Force Majeure - DPI will use reasonable efforts to provide electricity supply to you pursuant to this agreement. Force Majeure events are those that are out of the control of the parties and may prevent us from performing our obligations under this agreement. Force Majeure events include, but are not limited to certain Acts of God, sabotage, war, Acts of terrorism, natural disasters and other cataclysmic events. In these instances where the parties are unable to perform their obligations and with written notice given in a timely manner, one or both parties may be excused from performing their obligations under this agreement for a reasonable period of time.
Please retain this document for your records.